6 Reasons To Use Local Vendors For Your Destination Wedding
Destination weddings used to be all about tropical beaches and international locales. But now, many brides are starting to choose majestic sights and adventure venues within the US, places like Central Oregon. These destinations feature sprawling mountains and forested landscapes that you just can’t get in your hometown. Every destination has something unique and intimate to offer and choosing local vendors with invaluable insight will make your wedding day that much more remarkable.
The thought of a destination wedding may overwhelm you. We don’t blame you, the thought of trying to plan one of the biggest events of your life from hundreds or even thousands of miles away, is a little daunting. Your best bet is to hire a wedding planner who lives in the same area as your destination wedding. They will be able to guide you from afar. They can recommend local venues and vendors, make suggestions concerning the area that you might not have thought of (like the possibility of snow in May), and coordinate everything so you don’t end up pulling your hair out.
Along with choosing a local wedding planner, there are many reasons to use local vendors for your destination wedding.
Understandably, you may be feeling uneasy about using vendors that you might not be able to meet with or interview in person, but having a wedding planner that you trust helps a lot. So, before you overwhelm yourself completely with planning, organizing, and coordinating your entire wedding from afar, consider handing it off to someone who knows how to do it right in the location that you fell in love with.
6 Reasons Why Local Vendors Will Make Your Destination Wedding Incredible
- You’ll save money. This is a huge one! When you choose vendors that have to travel to your destination wedding, you’ll be the one who will be paying those travel expenses, which could include travel time and lodging. This can add up to a pretty penny, especially if you have multiple vendors that need to travel. Even if it is just your photographer, be realistic about how that could affect your budget. With hometown businesses, you don’t have to worry about those expensive travel and lodging expenses.
- You’ll be traveling with less stuff. On your wedding day, or wedding weekend in the case of many destination weddings, you don’t want to have to worry about schlepping a bunch of stuff with you. Let’s face it, hauling your dress with you is enough as it is. Using local vendors eliminates the need for you to travel with items such as decor, paper materials, and dessert. It really makes things much easier when you have everything you need already in the town you’ve chosen.
- Local people know the best local stuff. You chose your destination carefully and thoughtfully, don’t you want its authentic style and personality to shine through?! Using local businesses ensures that distinctive location gets its due. In Central Oregon, that might mean offering a unique, local craft beer at your wedding or using local foliage in your bouquet. Whatever it is, it allows the destination to be the highlight of your wedding, and that’s probably why you chose the destination in the first place.
- Going local is greener. Think about it, you’ll be cutting down on car exhaust and air travel for any vendors that you select locally. Give a little love to our earth!
- Local vendors can educate you about the area. Every area is different, from the weather to the time of sunset. Take Central Oregon for example, it is quite possible that it could snow in May, so you might want to consider that before you pick an exclusively outdoor venue. Or if you picture a nighttime wedding full of sparkling candles, you might want to avoid a wedding in June, when the sun sets around 9:30pm. These are things that you might not even know to think about beforehand, but local businesses will know things about that area that could help you when planning a wedding.
- Local vendors are just as talented, if not more talented, than your vendors back home. Think about it, if the town is a destination wedding location, vendors move there, there’s more competition, and people have to up their game. It’s a sort of sharpening system that creates gifted vendors that put on truly spectacular events.
If a destination wedding is in your future, use local vendors to keep your wedding true to the place that you love so much.
That being said, it’s always a good idea to visit the area that you’re considering. While you’re there, you can meet with vendors in the area. First and foremost is your wedding planner. From that meeting, you can get recommendations for other fantastic vendors to complete your wedding.
Once you have your venue, planner, and vendors selected, you’ve got a big chunk of the work done. This allows you to spend time on more important things, like cuddling up with your fiancee, selecting items for your registry, or picking out that fabulous bikini for your honeymoon. There’s so much to do when it comes to wedding planning. So, when there’s an opportunity to reduce your stress by enlisting the help of local businesses, it’s a no-brainer. One thing’s for sure, with a destination wedding featuring local vendors, your wedding will be a day that you and your guests will never forget, in a location that is truly unforgettable.