Pre-Wedding Beauty at Bend Dermatology
Introducing Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa
Wedding planning can be a stressful process at times with all the dress shopping, who to invite (or not), and where to place them on the seating chart. So before, during, and even after all the planning, don’t forget to take care of yourself! Get to know the why, what, and how about some of the most advanced pre-wedding beauty treatments. Our goal with this post is to introduce you to Bend Dermatology along with some self-care you’ll need leading up to the wedding and for the special day itself.
Let’s Start with What You Can Do at Home
- SPF Every Day: Look for a broad-spectrum SPF of 30+ (which protects from UVA and UVB rays) and reapply that sunscreen every couple of hours! The use of sun protection is critical in aiding the prevention of premature skin aging and skin cancer.
- Vitamin C Serum: This helps offset skin damage caused by free radicals created from the skin’s exposure to UV rays.
- Retinol Products: Boost the collagen your body produces, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It also improves skin tone and texture, resulting in noticeably smoother skin.
The skin care team at Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa recommends brides start a facial regimen as early as nine months before your wedding. They also recommend that you enjoy a professional facial every 4-6 weeks.
Why do you ask? That’s how long it takes your skin to move through the full life cycle of skin cell growth and exfoliation. A facial will not only help with the process but also keep your skin toned and clear. And what better way to relax during all the wedding planning, am I right?! We promise it will be one wedding planning to do that you will look forward to each month! Choose from one of their signature facials, or consult with your Aesthetician about customizing one for your skin type.
Waxing & Tinting
Treatments like brow and lash tinting and body waxing are excellent choices for the week before your wedding. You can trust in the skill of the highly trained and physician-supervised staff at Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa for all your waxing and tinting needs. We are big fans of lash tinting because it gives you dark lashes without the assistance of mascara. Wedventure Tip: Add a little mascara on your tinted lashes on your wedding day to achieve full, camera-ready lashes that look like extensions. Only you will know they are your own!
Injectables & Fillers
There are various options for safe and effective (and FDA-approved) treatments for wrinkles, frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. The procedure takes only a few minutes and gives you a more youthful appearance with nearly immediate results and minimal discomfort and downtime. For more natural results, you want to schedule your first treatment at least six months before your wedding, but professionals recommend beginning as early as a year prior.
SKINPEN® is a minimally invasive micro-needling treatment that rejuvenates the skin. Results include improved texture and firmness along with a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks. Wedventure Tip: You’ll experience minor redness and irritation for a few days after the procedure, so book this treatment two weeks before the wedding or more. Bend Dermatology recommends this treatment once per month to see optimal results.
Do you have a tattoo you want removed? Or do you have rosacea, facial veins, spider veins, scars, pigmentation from sun damage or age spots? Lasers are the gold standard in addressing these types of cosmetic dermatology concerns, and you can see incredible results with a well-planned series of treatments. This is why it’s ideal to begin early.
Chemical Peels & Microdermabrasion
Chemical peels are topically applied formulas that revitalize the skin’s surface by creating a controlled shedding of the outermost layer of the skin. Peels allow new layers to be exposed, creating a fresh appearance and smoother texture to the skin surface. They can reduce the effects of sun damage, acne scarring, blotchy pigmentation, and fine wrinkling. A chemical face peel can also improve acne-prone skin and clogged pores. Light chemical peels are great if you are new to chemical peels. Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa provides lactic, glycolic, malic, and salicylic chemical peels. For maximum results, light peels should be done every two weeks in a series of five treatments. These peels can improve mild to moderate cases of acne, soften the look of fine lines and even out skin texture. And you can expect minimal to no downtime.
When Is the Best Time to Get Skin Treatments?
It really depends on your aesthetic goals and lifestyle. Generally speaking, chemical peels, laser treatments and resurfacing, or light treatments like laser hair removal require advance planning. It’s best to craft a strategic plan with your Aesthetician at Bend Dermatology well in advance of your wedding to meet your objectives. They will provide a comprehensive plan to achieve your goals and what you should and shouldn’t do as you prepare for your wedding.
Why Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa?
We often hear people ask: “Why should I visit a medical practice like Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa for cosmetic treatments, dermatology procedures (like BOTOX®), laser hair removal, and chemical peels?” Here are three reasons to consider visiting a medical practice for cosmetic treatments (instead of a spa):
- There are Dermatologists Available Onsite Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa has talented, skilled, trained, experienced Aestheticians who provide their patients with cosmetic treatments. There are also Board-Certified Dermatologists and Fellowship-Trained Mohs Surgeons on-site to provide medical expertise and support, in addition to top-notch care.
- A Dermatology Practice Puts Your Skin’s Health First Often treatments and recommendations you might get at medical spas are solely focused on your appearance. However, at Bend Dermatology’s DermaSpa, your skin’s health is the primary concern, and all recommendations stem from that focus. Of course, they want all of their patients to look and feel their best in their skin. But they also recognize that outward skin conditions can often be a symptom of underlying health issues. So, they work with you to customize solutions based on your skin, your skin care goals, and your overall health.
- Spas don’t have the same guidelines to adhere to as a medical practice. This means there is usually less training and oversight when visiting a spa. Some of the most effective treatments require medical clearance. Having experienced, licensed medical Providers in a medical dermatology setting makes a big difference in your skin care experience. Your skin is important, and your health is too. So, when you’re spending money to care for it, you want to make sure it’s in the hands of knowledgeable dermatological providers.
Give the Gift of Beauty!
Treat your mom, MIL, and your bridal party to any of DermaSpa’s cosmetic dermatology treatments! You know you (and they) want to be glowing and gorgeous for perfect pictures on your wedding day! Plus, we all love to look beautiful, so what better way to say thank you than with the gift of beauty? Another way to learn more about prepping your skin for your wedding is to attend the Holiday Open House at DermaSpa at Bend Dermatology! While there, you can learn about their sparkling deals of the season! Enjoy appetizers, drinks, and promotions on cosmetic treatments and products while mingling with their skin care experts. Wedventure Tip: This is a great way to bend the ear of a skin care expert in a casual setting! And you can also stock up on holiday specials to maximize your wedding budget and map out your beauty regimen leading up to your big day.
Holiday Open House at DermaSpa at Bend Dermatology
It’s happening on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, from 4-7 pm at their East Bend location: 2705 NE Conners Avenue, Bend, OR 97701
RSVP by November 27, 2019, by calling 541.330.9139
Find them on bendderm.com or follow along for tips, deals and more on their Facebook and Instagram.