We are honored you are choosing Wedventure to feature your work! Here’s more on how you can submit your work with us. Wedventure Magazine is the resource for adventurous ideas and inspiration for those wanting to get married in the Pacific Northwest. The areas our PNW issues currently cover are Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska. But we are now taking submissions from elsewhere as well! In 2020, we are especially looking to celebrate more REAL weddings and elopements. However, we welcome styled shoots too and are always on the hunt for amazing work to be featured in our print and digital magazines. You are welcome to reach out asking what we are looking for in each issue specifically. We are committed to showcasing not only the couples exchanging their vows but the artists involved in the creation of their memories. From the photographer to the DJ and all the vendors in between, we recognize the love and the attention to detail our local talent provides our community. We look forward to celebrating your work!
- Please send gallery links that give us access to high or original-resolution images. We prefer galleries such as Pixieset or Pic-Time over Dropbox or Google Drive. NOTE: We do not accept submissions through Two Bright Lights or through social media channels at this time.
- We prefer that submissions have not been published previously online or in print. We would still consider featuring the event depending on when, where, and how many images were previously featured. NOTE: We do ask that you not already be featuring a work you submit to us (especially in print) elsewhere for approximately 3 months prior. After we release a print issue with your work included, we ask that it be on newsstands for two weeks before you send it elsewhere for consideration. The same goes for social media. If many of the images from a particular shoot/event are out on social, we may be less inclined to pick it up.
- We accept events from any season for any of our issues. The reason is we don’t really know where couples are at in their planning process, or when they find our mag during it. If we only put spring images in our spring issue for example, we are assuming anyone reading it is planning a full year in advance at least. And since we know that is not true, we welcome weddings, elopements, and styled shoots from all seasons all year long.
We require the following for any submission:
- 75-100 professional quality photos taken by an active wedding photographer.
- Images must be high/original resolution and we prefer at least 18.25 in. x 11 in. (horizontal) and 9.125 in. x 11 in. tall (vertical) minimum in size at 300dpi with all branding removed. NOTE: In our print mag, we often like to showcase the images on an entire page or across an entire spread. This is why we prefer to have such large images to work with. We do not expect you to resize each image to these exact dimensions but would prefer them to be at least this size.
- Approval by all contributing vendors and couples or models. If you submit photos with persons under the age of 18, we must have proof of consent from their parent or legal guardian. If this is part of your contract with them, we will also need a signed copy.
- A list of all vendors and products included in the work. Please include website links and Instagram handles for each contributing vendor.
- A brief description of the submission: If submitting a styled shoot, include the background on the design/concept (basically the “why”) with some info about each vendor if possible. If submitting a real wedding/elopement, again we need the entire vendor list + contact info for the couple because often their background story helps us when we choose.
Incorrect file sizing or incomplete vendor listings may keep submissions from being accepted. We love supporting small businesses, and giving proper credit is very important to us. We’ve tried to cover most of the common questions we receive regarding submissions but feel free to send us an email with further questions or concerns.