Visit one of the top Pacific Northwest Wedding Destinations in May 2019 by taking one of our two-day Wedding Videography Workshops! While here, you will be surrounded by and working with creatives from ALL genres in the wedding industry who will help inspire you creatively and help take your business to the next level. Seriously, this workshop is all about community and camaraderie. Our hope is that everyone walks away from the week with new information, new connections + friends and fresh inspiration to kick off the 2019 wedding season!
What is Included:
- Instructors: Learn from amazing wedding videographers in our area (see WHO on each ticket below) during our workshop designed to inspire and rejuvenate through community collaboration
- Topics Covered: Hands-On Training + Editing and Workflow + Creative Aspect of Wedding Filmmaking + Adding Soul to Your Films + Lens Choice + Trying Out Different Tools + Telling a Better Story + Choosing Your Soundtrack + Recording Quality Sound + Backing Up + Building Better Relationships + Branding and How to Stand Out + How to Book Your Dream Clients + Personal and Business Development + Unique Shoot Settings + How to Use Light to Your Advantage + Website/Portfolio Critiques + Social Media and Marketing + Pricing + Finding Your “Why” + The Hustle + Creating Longevity in Your Business + More
- Portfolio Building: 2-3 live shoots on day one + 1 full styled wedding shoot with up to 10 models on day two
- Real Wedding Experience: You will learn real wedding situation experience from all vendors involved, in addition to videography-specific teachings
- Community and Camaraderie: Dinner is included each night with ALL workshop instructors and attending vendors (approximately 100 each night!) to continue the conversation and meet new instructors/vendors you didn’t take a class with
- Get Featured on Wedventure: The opportunity to be featured in our next printed issue of Wedventure Magazine (+ our social channels + blog)! Every vendor has the same opportunity to be featured.
- Coffee + Bites provided by local vendors each morning
- Swag Bag full of amazingness from local vendors + sponsors
- Discounted Room Rates: Find our room blocks and fave accommodations here.
The morning of DAY ONE: spending time picking the brain of your instructor in an open group discussion. Bring your questions! In the afternoon you will have the opportunity to shoot 2-3 different mini-styled shoot locations with your instructor. Then dinner + drinks with everyone attending the workshop (planners, photographers, florists, calligraphers, cake artists…EVERYONE!) to meet those you haven’t met yet and to continue the conversation. NOTE: During this day, all the other attendees (florists, calligraphers, cake artists, and stylists and planners have been preparing and creating the styled shoot for day two!) BRING YOUR OWN GEAR if you have: camera and audio equipment, stabilizer, lights and anything else you want to learn with
DAY TWO: Morning classes start with tackling the business side of things, editing/workflow/backing up, real wedding experience conversation and more. In the afternoon, you will be shooting one of our large styled wedding shoots! There, you will find 10 brides holding 10 different bouquets, wearing 10 different dresses etc. All so that your portfolio content is not exactly the same as everyone else’s once released in print and on social! (And so that there is ample material to be shooting at all times.) At your scheduled time, you will be shooting models and the wedding design details. This will all be taking place inside and outside just like at a real wedding to learn lighting, timing, etc. Plus, you will be learning to shoot around photographers and vice versa. Planners will be there making sure all is flowing well. Florists will be there installing their work, cakes will be delivered etc. all in real wedding fashion! Inspired by community-driven teaching, everyone is learning from each other while gaining real wedding day experience. After you shoot, your group will meet back to review, reflect and wrap up your class. Then it’s time again for dinner + drinks with everyone attending the workshop to meet those you haven’t met yet and to continue the conversation. BRING YOUR OWN GEAR if you have: camera and audio equipment, stabilizer, lights and anything else you want to learn with
- Monday – Tuesday: May 6-7, 2019 Instructor: Mike Hiatt Media: Utilize Your Second Shooter // Editing + Delivery // How to Work with Vendors // Equipment and Organization // Stabilizer Work // Posing // Drone Talk
- Tuesday – Wednesday: May 7-8, 2019 Instructor: Daniel Jeremiah Visuals: Weddings and Why // Authentic Stories with Depth, Heart, and Meaning // Tools to Use // Cinematic Motion and Beautiful Framing // How to Get Referrals // Learn, Grow, Execute
- Wednesday – Thursday: May 8-9, 2019 Instructor: Tina Miller Phillips aka Miller Media Films: Top 3 Things Not to Miss on Wedding Day + If You Do, How to Make it Work // Making the Photographer Love You // Editing Like a Jedi // Storytelling vs. Boring People Out of Their Minds // Strategically Pushing Alcohol on Your Clients // Why You Should Stop Going for “The Perfect Shot” // Mastering the Edit // Storytelling vs. Documenting
The Rest of the Week:
The DAYS before or after your chosen 2-day class are open to take BREAKOUT SESSIONS, to take another 2-day course or to meet with vendors who inspire you and/or to explore Central Oregon. To learn more about the entire week, breakout sessions and more, visit our Wedventure Workshop Week landing page.
REGISTRATION + PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS:
- Purchase the ticket below for the dates of your choosing and Check Out.
- If you prefer a payment plan, please email us right away to get that setup. Payment Plan Options: Pay in Full: $1000 / 2 Payments of $550 / 3 Payments of $375 / 4 Payments of $300. Let us know which you prefer and then watch for a return invoice from us, and pay your down payment. Note: We will only hold your seat for 24 hours! If we do not receive your payment within 24 hours, we will give your seat to the next person waiting to take this course.
A few things before you sign up: BRING YOUR OWN GEAR if you have: camera and audio equipment, stabilizer, lights and anything else you want to learn with. All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Accommodations are NOT included in the registration price for the workshop. These classes are intended for those who want to work or currently work in the wedding industry and will be heavily geared towards such. You must be 18 years of age or older to attend. More policies and rules can be found here.